As you may know, Calvert Hospice has deep roots in this community. Since 1984, we have provided quality end-of-life care and support as the only non-profit, independently owned, and community-based hospice. We are licensed to provide hospice care by the Maryland Office of Healthcare Quality and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. In addition, we maintain voluntary accreditation by the Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP), which demonstrates our commitment to achieving the highest level of performance in the delivery of hospice care.
Enriching the quality of the lives we touch with expert and compassionate care
Calvert Hospice is dedicated to being an innovative, proactive, and vital partner in our healthcare community. We anticipate needs, help families focus on what matters most, and embrace those experiencing loss. We envision a future in which our compassionate expertise for complex illnesses and end-of-life care is not only an option, but the natural choice.
What is Hospice?
Hospice is specialized care for those facing a life-limiting illness, their families, and their caregivers.
- Hospice care addresses the patient’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
- Hospice care also helps the patient’s family caregivers.
- Hospice care takes place in the patient’s home or in a home-like setting.
- Hospice care concentrates on managing a patient’s pain and other symptoms so that the patient may live as comfortable as possible and make the most of the time that remains.
- Calvert Hospice believes the quality of life is as important as length of life
Calvert Hospice is more than just end of life care; we also offer:
- Support Groups
- Children’s Programs
- Educational Seminars
- Grief Support Programs
- Palliative Medicine of Southern Maryland
- Shoppe for Hospice ("Much more than a Thrift Store")
- Community Events
- Volunteer Opportunities