Provides public transportation service on a fixed route throughout the county and provides specialized transportation for the frail and disabled. Prior arrangements must be made for specialized transportation. A shuttle service operates in the Prince Frederick area through the cooperative effort of the Calvert County Office on Aging and Public Transportation. Reduced fares for seniors.
Public transportation - see schedule on the website.
- Have fare ready BEFORE boarding the bus (change is provided in the form of a change card, drivers do not carry cash).
- To flag the bus, be at a safe location along the route and be on the appropriate side of the street (boarding side of the bus). Be clear in flagging the driver. If you are able, call the Transportation Office ahead of time so the driver can be notified to be looking for you. This will decrease your chances of being missed or not seen by the driver.
- All carry-on packages must be brought on in a single entry.
- Seats may NOT be used for any item. Only items small enough to fit on your lap or under your legs are permitted.
- All Calvert County Public Transportation vehicles accept trained service animals as well as persons using respirators, concentrators, or portable oxygen.
- Strollers are allowed (one per passenger) provided they are folded and do not block passenger access.
- NO SMOKING, EATING, DRINKING, GUM POPPING, SEAT CHANGING, LOUD TALKING (INCLUDING CELL PHONES), FOUL LANGUAGE, BARE FEET, OR SHIRTLESS BACKS.
- Playing of ANY audio and/or electronic game devices is allowed ONLY with the use of headsets.
- Children must be kept under control and seated at all times. Children under 12 must be with an adult.
- Disruptive behavior, intoxication, or harassment of others will result in loss of riding privileges.
- Remain seated until the bus has reached your destination and has fully stopped.
- Bus drivers are not permitted to talk while the bus is moving. Please hold any questions until the bus has stopped.
- We are not responsible for lost items. Found items will be turned in to the office where they may be picked up the next business day.
- Scheduled times are approximate. Please be at scheduled locations five minutes early.
- Proper ID is required for a reduced fare discount