WELCOME TO CALVERT COUNTY EXTENSION!
University of Maryland Extension is a partnership between the U.S. Department of Agriculture, land-grant universities and local governments in each state. Faculty and staff of the University of Maryland Extension (UME) provide research-based information, educational programs and services on a variety of subjects. Visit University of Maryland Extension (UME) Calvert.
CALVERT COUNTY Financial Wellness
During these challenging times more people are concerned about their financial future. The University of Maryland Extension offers educational programs, applied research projects and lots of practical information that will empower our community to make informed financial choices and improve the personal finances of our residents. Some of the workshops offered are:
Workshops for Youths
- High School Financial Planning Program (Money Habits, SMART Goals, and Spending Plans)
- Saving for Your Personal Goals
Workshops for Adult
- Creating a Spending Plan
- Tracking Expenses
- Understanding Cash Flow
- Identity Theft
- You are in Control of Your Credit
- Understanding Credit Reports
- Tools for Paying Bills and Other Expenses
- Money Services
- Money Habitude$
- Setting Goals
- Paying Bills
- Who Am I With Money?
- High School Financial Planning Program Curriculum Training (Offered to teachers/educators, non-educators, & adult volunteers)
- Your Money Your Goals: A Financial Empowerment Toolkit (Offered to frontline staff that work with economically vulnerable populations)
Visit our website and learn more about financial wellness in our community.
For more information, please contact the University of Maryland Extension, Calvert County Office at 301-855-1150 or 410-535-3662.